Tips for Audio Success
We want you to sound your very best. Here are a few tips to ensure your voice is ready for recording day.
THE DAY BEFORE:
- Hydrate by drinking plenty of water the day before your recording session (12-24 hours prior).
- Headphones/Earbuds are a must for a good recording.
- A USB microphone is great, but is not necessary. The earbuds that came with your mobile phone with the inline microphone will work just fine.
- Avoid dairy (milk, yogurt, cheese) and bananas <– These are mucous producing foods. Not ideal on recording day.
- Avoid ice water (cold water is fine, but no ice)
- If possible, drink a cup of warm water with a splash of lemon or lime
- Test and prep your microphone or headset/headphones (with mic)
- Wire headsets are preferred. However, bluetooth/AirPods will also work. TIP: Double check they are fully charged. REMINDER: Please wear headphones.
- Link on How to Log into to ipDTL podcast record link (what we'll use) and more info will come via your Calendar Invite. Don't forget your headphones, earbuds or headset!
TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR VOICE
- To go the extra mile for your voice, steaming your vocal cords is beneficial. As the steam passes over vocal cords it has a hydrating effect on them.
- Best solution for a dehydrated/mucous/rough voice is to steam your vocal cords AND drink hot water with lemon.
- If steaming vocal cords is not possible, then drinking hot water with lemon will improve vocal quality.
- Eating a green apple has a cleansing effect on your mouth which can minimize “mouth noise” when speaking.